Giving & Wealth..

Two days back was an unfortunate day for a friend of mine. She lost her house due to a fire tragedy that happened while she was away from home. Her neighbour's son lit up the fire to cook without knowing the gas pipe has leaked. Immediately the fire caught all the things around it. Currently, the boy is still in the hospital, coma with 65% of his body burnt. Me and my friends visit her last night. We brought her stuffs and spend time talking with the rest of the victims-The fire did not just burnt a house, more than 3 houses were burned due to the close range between the houses in the village.
The Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat gave them comforter/mattress to sleep on and meals for all only for the first 3 days. Ok, that's fine. But the one thing that I find silly is that all comforter/mattress need to return back to JKM after some time. I mean, why JKM still want them after it have been used?.?.Just give it to them. You guys are not deprieved but they are.-sigh-..My friend's insurance manager, a chinese, came to visit her too. She has collected donations from her colleagues to help my friend's family. My friend said thank you all for our visit and donations. We went back home and say goodbye.
On our way back we chat: "We just help our friend back there, but who's gonna help the other victims?"."Who's gonna help that poor old lady whose only son is in the hospital? She has no other children"."Yeah, I noticed she just looked at us when we were giving our friend donations.I wonder who will help her"."Our friend is really lucky to have close friends with Chinese."


Since they are considered to have more wealth than us, they always seem willing to help to others in need. Their willingness to help is far more great in their culture than our culture. So, I ask myself. Why is it hard for us to be more giving?.. One of the answer I relate back to our ownership of wealth. If there are many people like the chinese insurance manager among us, wouldn't that old lady will receive just as or more than my friend here??...She wouldn't be left alone, wouldn't she?..I'm just saying that we tak cukup orang kaya!!..
For example, if we are in trouble, can we just simply receive help by asking from our cliques/network of friends?..Hard to get help.It's not easy because they also having the same problem as we are..Overall, the level of wealth among us is not as high as the Chinese..-sigh-
Therefore, each of us should always have the goal to be rich in the back of our mind. And I don't mean rich just to cukup2 makan for your pleasure but be rich so that you can always help others ( family members AND society, people around you). So, it's sad when people don't have a drive for this. Mereka yang hidup biasa-biasa..
I wish we have this mindset in everyone of us...






Filled with love


Image: askdareflection@deviantart.com

Popular posts from this blog

Focus

HaPPy 2016

Happy Birthday