Disney & Real Steel

As long as I can remember, Disney has never fail to create a great movie - a really feel good movie with a whole lot of good values that we can learn.
Even the soundtracks made by Disney since I was little were among the best ever. I still remember when I was in Standard 6, the first cassette that I wish to buy was "Disney Love Hits". It features all top soundtracks from Beauty & The Beast to Tarzan. Until now, the songs are great to listen to because nowadays, we can never listen to songs like that anymore. Slow, inspiring and magical.

Today, I got the chance to see Real Steel again. Yes, I've seen this movie before but this time, I really took the effort to think about the values and emotions that the movie brings. When I watch this movie, it reminds me again the reason why Disney movies are so great to me. It always teaches us all the good values that make us humans and to have the life to be worthwhile. So called a feel-good movie.The story line uplift the values in us to appreciate life and enrich it. And it is not something that we can see in every movie in the industry.

As for this movie, I like how the movie shows how a young small kid can have a bigger courage than an adult i.e his father. Well being "considered" as an adult now, I'm more on his father side in this movie. So, when I see the kid determination to do things that his father thinks that is impossible, I know how much strength that the kid have to do the impossible. His bravery was a salute and his father to be honest, letting his son know what his feelings are, and brave enough to willing his own mistakes at the end was the jackpot to this movie. Is it really that easy to find parents talk to their sons/daughters like that nowadays? Seems not, to me.

And the defining moment is when the kid saw his father boxing so well to defeat the Zeus robot at the last round. You see, we as adult never thought, (maybe sometimes) that when we believe in ourselves it brings so much impact, positive emotions and support to our younger generations. They are longing for that. But nowadays most of the adults like to be dismissive towards the younger generation ideas or concepts and fail to teach and lead them. His father did not give an opportunity/chance to his son. Basically, it is the willingness of his father to spend time together with his son. At the end, it was pay-off.
I was in tears too when the boy is crying to see his father. At last, he is the champion that he should be.

This movie has it all. Trust, team work, honesty, relationship, bravery and never give up. At the end of the day, we all are human and real heart and bravery is worth more than steel, money and pride.

I wish all of us know these values and if they realize how high these values are we will create such a great society or at least a great father-son relationship.






Popular posts from this blog

Focus

HaPPy 2016

Happy Birthday